Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's about time...

For another post.
But lately, I'm all out of words.
Actually, untrue.
These days, I feel like I'm all out of public words.
These days, I could fill endless diaries.
But I want my blog words to be great.
Like I want to do great things.
Like I want to be a great person. Do great work. Live a great life.
I want to be a great friend. Be a great teammate. Be a great co-worker, colleague, employee, and manager.
I think lately, I have stressed out so much about these aspirations, stressed out so much about the destination, and stopped enjoying the journey.
So now, it's about time to enjoy the journey.
And share the journey.
So tomorrow, it's back to blogging.
But tonight? Well tonight, is for sleeping.

x's & o's,
Leslie

Currently listening (literally just came on the radio, but quite fitting I'd say):

When the day is long and the night, and the night is yours alone. When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on. Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes. Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along. When your day is night alone. If you feel like letting go. When you think you've had too much of this life, well hang on. 'Cause everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends. Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh no, Don't throw your hand. If you feel like you're alone, no no no, you are not alone.

Everybody Hurts - R.E.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment