Monday, December 14, 2009

Story Time...


I may be a little late to the game on this one... But here's one story I'm glad I didn't completely miss!

When I joined the work world and got my first mac, I fell in love. I thought I was 100% sure I would never go back to PC. But for the good of scanning the landscape, I occasionally put aside the fact that when I love a brand I am a crazy loyal drink-no-pepsi, wear-no-adidas, only-get-my-coffee-shop-caffeine-bux-at-sbux kind of girl... And I take a peek. And sometimes, I find a gem that makes me question my 100% certainty! (I mean, you do always need a work and a home computer, right?) Here goes...

Computers - We (okay maybe just me + some) carry them around everywhere. Whether they are PC, Mac, decorated, not decorated, designer, whatever! It's one more area where you can truly express your individuality. Your personal style. Enter Dell: The epitome of stylin' individuality? Dell meet OPI. OPI - the "renowned nail lacquer experts" (who have a storied history in predicting fashionable colours for upcoming seasons, according to those in the know!). A perfect match for the wide-ranging female target, from young girls stealing their mama's nail polish to pre-teens testing out their personal style through green, blue, sparkly and purple nails, to the teens who spend girls night trying out thousands of different shades of polish on theirs, friends, brothers (?) fingers and toes, to young women spending their hard earned disposable income on weekly mani/pedis, to moms - whose ten minutes of alone time painting their nails is a small slice of pampering heaven, to grandmas using only the best premium nail polish, was born. What easier way to show off your unique personality than your nails? Simple. Colourful. Customizable. And very cost effective.

Twenty-six nail polish shades, twenty-six Dell best sellers?

In my humble opinion, Dell has hit the nail on the head with this one. I can see, that with the right communication and engagement vehicles, here's an opportunity to hit one out of the park! And, considering I found this nugget of gold in Nylon - I think team Dell is doing just fine!

Looking forward to seeing the results of this story.

Let's just say that if I wasn't that brand loyal, in a month there would be a new Dell Smitten with Mitten computer, sitting in my soon-to-be-found first apartment!

So, to close it off, and to offer a tiny bit of peace of mind to my "mac supplier". I promise I will not paint my own MacBook with my own Lincoln Park After Dark. Polished Pinky Swear.

x's & o's,

Leslie

Dell and OPI’s offerings are a fresh collision of style and power, color and technology,” said Rachna Bhasin, general manager, partnerships and personalization or global consumer. “OPI’s high style and Dell’s award-winning technology combine to offer people stylish options that deliver the ultimate combination of color and connectivity on the go."

“Beautiful nails really are the ultimate accessory to any look,” said Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive Vice President & Artistic Director. “And now, with Dell laptops that coordinate with OPI Nail Lacquers, you can match your nails to your emails!”

No comments:

Post a Comment