Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve!

Fave! Kind of. Though I always anticipate NYE so much that it always feels kind of like a let down, you know?

Anyways, I only have 30 minutes to get this out before rushing to this years NYE extravaganza, so here goes!

To take a page out of my bosses book... Look at us hitting a new decade!

With #10yearsago trending on Twitter, I wanted to take some time (now approx 24 mins. to look back on my last decade. Because twentyten is a big one. Not only is it a new decade, but for me? It's the big 2-5!
So here goes...

Ten years ago, I did not appreciate anything enough.

I did not appreciate the great family I have. The great friends I have. The opportunities that seem to fall into my lap.
Or my flexibility. And no, you're still looking at a pretty high maintenance girl. I mean, literally, my flexibility. If it has taught me nothing else, the past two months of yoga have taught me to appreciate how much easier it was to throw myself into a bridge 15, 10, even 5 years ago!

Ten years ago, I thought I could plan out my life. Complete with two point four kids, a white picket fence and the love of my (high school) life. Ten years ago, I hadn't learned how to love myself, or how to (properly) love others (come to think of it, I'm probably not completely there yet, but I've got some handy clues from the last couple break ups and the living life to the fullest that followed!).

If I could travel back, to ten years ago, with the knowledge I have gained from my past ten years, I am certain I would live life differently. But I'm glad we can't go back. Because I'm proud of the past ten years. I enjoyed the past ten years. I lived them. And I'm going to live the next ten in the same way. Not repeating the same mistakes, but ready to learn from every experience - small or large.

So yes. As always, I have tons of New Years Resolutions, and I am sure I will share them in the light of the new day (year). But for now, I'm just going to appreciate today. Or, more like, tonight!!

So have a happy and safe new years everyone!

x's & o's,

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment