Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cobras and Dancers and Pigeons... Oh My!


I am constantly “censoring” my blog posts - my parents taught me nothing if not, “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all!”

So here is an idea, that probably didn’t start off so nice in this pretty little head of mine, but it has become much nicer in the last few days…

As you will see, I have much more time to think on my 30 minute walk to yoga (which replaced my 30 minute first nap of the day to work on the ttc!).

I can safely say that each of my most challenging yoga poses reminds me of… One of my clients!

There’s all of the back strengthening poses… Cobra, Locust, Plow… These are multiple clients I found incredibly challenging, almost impossible at times. The backbending, excruciating stretching in all directions… And then you get it. A good meeting. A job well done. As you lay back down, and breathe in deeply, you think to yourself, maybe it wasn’t so bad, maybe I can try it again!

Then there’s my dancers pose client. It’s so tough to get there. I know I can do it! I’ve got the training to do it. The drive to do it. So challenging, yet when I get it right - incredibly rewarding

!And what about that pigeon pose client… Can’t say I like it, until I do it right, and realize that through this work (pose) I am growing (or stretching!) in ways that I need to in order to move forward.

(will stop here with the comparisons before I get myself in trouble!)

Since I have dedicated myself to 5:30 AM yoga, I’ve found that these poses are (still hurting!) but becoming infinitely more comfortable. So, not saying that you should work at 5:30 AM to become comfortable with client work - but there’s something to be said from doing… and learning… and keeping at it!

That said, a girl can always dream for an easy going, tree pose client, can’t she?! But then, really, where’s the challenge in that!?

x’s & o’s,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment