Thursday, October 1, 2009

For the love of coffee!! (Part II)


Dear Coffee,

Some point between last night and this morning, I crossed the line between really liking you, (I think it may have even been love) to being absolutely addicted. You are no longer a choice. You are a need.

That first sip every morning... Actually, rewind. That first smell in the morning is like heaven in a cup. Ah. That first sip, is like some delicious secret that I want to share with the whole world. But at the same time I want to keep it all for myself!

Oh coffee. Some mornings it is scary how much I need you. Sometimes, I can't even crack my sleep deprived eyes open, without propping them up with an eyelash curler ,before that first sweet, sweet sip. And that, my love, is when I realize I have a problem.

So it's off to detox for me. I am staying far far away until I can learn to use you responsibly.

But, instead of some huge, messy, let's-not-speak-for-months-on-end break up, let's take this slowly.

Step 1. One more week of coffee for me (because it's be seriously, I'm off to Vancouver - how could I give coffee up right when I'm headed for the good stuff).

Step 2. Maybe a couple weeks of good old "coffee substitute" (Jumpy Monkey - David's Tea... Tea made out of coffee! Genius! No matter what you co-workers say, I think this is a GOOD step!)

... and finally,

Step 3. Approximately a month from now, I promise to be coffee-free.

For at least a week or two.

x's & o's,

Leslie

...and in the post-script:

"Jumpy Monkey?" you say?

Protect the rainforest. This brew uses ingredients from the Rain Forrest Alliance to give you a tasty boost. It combines freshly roasted peaberry coffee beans with Argentine maté, and laces them with almonds, white chocolate and other roasted barks and roots. The result is deliciously satisfying. And by buying this rainforest product, you'll be fighting global warming and helping the monkeys. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient?

Good karma and a good morning jump start? Yes please!


No comments:

Post a Comment