Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Dock Side of Life...


Fave! Makes me Happy! Love it!

I miss the cottage already (and yes, I do know how ridiculous it is that I drove back to the city on the Friday leading up to one of the best weekends of this summer, but I do have a good reason. Many people are afraid of things like spiders, snakes, the dark, etc. I am also afraid of all of these things but I also have the unusual (I think) fear of missing a good party. And had
I not driven South when everyone else was driving North on Friday afternoon, I definitely would have missed out on great times!)

So back to the cottage. While I do consider myself the epitome of an uptown city girl, and cottaging is perhaps the closest I may ever come to camping (except for the odd Chaudiere field trip, of which all I can remember is the strong smell of Caesars...) I abso-freakin-lutely love my cottage!!

And here are my top 10 personal cottage loves (no particular order, all love!):

  • I love waking up to the sun with absolutely no concept of what time it is!
  • I love doing yoga on the dock, both morning and evening. Though to be honest, my favorite yoga is inspired by matchbox 20 and a little Britney rather than chants and the sounds of nature!
  • I love floating just below the surface of water. You feel alone yet completely connected to the world. I am 100% pisces and I could live all day every day in the lake!
  • I love diving into the water and letting the shock of cold water awake my senses! I hope I never become one of those "Ease it in/Wade/Ladder users!" ;)
  • I love how at the cottage you never have to brush your hair but the combination of lake water, sand and sun makes your natural hair look a million times better than it ever does even after 2 hours spent at the hair dresser!
  • I love the smell of Banana Boat tanning oil. (Though, lets be honest, that scent also gives me memories of Palm Springs '09!)
  • I love cottage mirrors. Their reflection is, for some reason, always ten million times more flattering than any city mirror!
  • I love reading a book a day. Only in Muskoka can I indulge my voracious appetite for all things chick lit!
  • I love when a great old time song comes onto the radio while doing dishes (I do not so much love actually doing the dishes but there are only so many nights you can get out of 'em).
and lastly,

  • I love QT time with my family! Friends, boyfriends, ex-bfs, acquaintances all come and go (from the cottage and in life) but FAMILY IS FOREVER!!!!

x's & o's,

Leslie

Last Week in Photos (also no particular order in case you're wondering)...













No comments:

Post a Comment