Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lost Girls

More of a thought than a fave /not fave.

There's this ongoing memo in my blackberry where I write random thoughts that occasionally make it into this blog. And somewhere along the crazy, short-lived journey that I call "last night" I strung together a couple somewhat coherent words.


"Lost girls. Like lost boys. Like Peter Pan. But not really."

So, in the dawn of the new day, here's my take on it..."

Peter Pan's Lost Boys are "boys who were lost by their nannies in places such as Kensington Gardens. Having gone unclaimed for seven days, they were wisked off to Neverland, where they live with Peter Pan. There are no "lost girls", because (as Peter explains) girls are too clever to be lost in this manner."

Well, my friends, us girls may be too clever to be lost in that manner, but we sure know how to get lost. Life hits you hard. The good, the great, the not so great, the bad. Sometimes it gets overwhelming. Too many choices to make. Which by no means is a bad thing, choices are opportunities. But even opportunities can be scary. And when I'm scared, it makes me feel lost.

But enough with the whining! The reason for this post is the fact that I am thankful! Because I have amazing people in my life who make the fear go away. And bring the smiles. And the laughs. And the patience. And the love.

So here is to my girls who work hard, play hard, but are always there... To my boys, ditto... To my family, I could not ask for more...

You all make my life!

And to all your lost girls out there - you're not alone. And come on now, even the Lost Boys eventually grew up and everything worked out for them. Who knows what's around the corner for us!

x's & o's,

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment