Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Living & Learning







I may sometimes forget the necessity, but certainly a fave!

Admittedly, I occasionally struggle to understand why people (and by people, from time to time, I may mean myself!) make mistakes. Or struggle with things that on the outside seem so easy.

So I'm trying to get back to basics. What does that mean, you say? It's my philosophy* for both my personal life and my work life. If I am not learning a new thing every single day, it's not worth it. If I am not excited about what I'm doing? It's not worth it. And I expect this not only of myself, but of every single person I interact with. Because you've gotta have passion for what you're doing. So in the end, if you want yourself and the people around you to grow each day, you have also got to have patience. Because that's what it's about. Living & Learning.

Because in the end, you don't want to back to where you've been. Just keep pushing for what comes next. I have always had a funny feeling like there is something huge and incredibly exciting just around the corner.

But that being said, I do not think that it is unreasonable to expect mistakes that have already been discussed to be fixed moving forward!






x's & o's,

Leslie

Currently listening:

Because it fits, may have been my inspiration for this post, and definitely is one of the best CD's ever -

I recommend getting your heart trampled on to anyone, I recommend walking around naked in your living room, Swallow it down (what a jagged little pill), It feels so good (swimming in your stomach), Wait until the dust settles...
You live you learn, You love you learn, You cry you learn, You lose you learn, You bleed you learn, You scream you learn...
I recommend biting off more than you can chew to anyone, I certainly do, I recommend sticking your foot in your mouth at any time, Feel free, Throw it down (the caution blocks you from the wind), Hold it up (to the rays), You wait and see when the smoke clears...
You Learn - Alanis Morrissette

*In case you're interested - my dating philosophy? Borrowed so eloquently from OTH:

"Here's my philosophy on dating. It's important to have somebody that can make you laugh, somebody you can trust, somebody that, y'know, turns you on... And it's really, really important that these three people don't know each other!"

No comments:

Post a Comment