Monday, July 20, 2009

That Green-Eyed Monster...


Not a fave!

And it always works the opposite way that you want it to.

Oh jealousy. That green-eyed monster used to seem like something completely unconquerable. I used to think that it was just something that was genetically programmed and I had clearly lost that lottery. Ugh, sometimes I would even hear what I was saying or thinking and go, "oh god, I sound soooooooo crazy, what are these words coming out of my mouth, I have NO clue what I am saying!!!" but ask me if that stopped me!

But when you think about it, as much as I believe in what goes around comes around, I have to believe that we all control our future. We control our feelings. We control our fate. What would be the point if we weren't the drivers ofour own lives? (And yes, this from the girl who would rather walk an hour than drive 5 minutes!)

Don't sell yourself short. Why blame others for succeeding when you can do just as well if not better? I find that the things that bother me the most about others are (1) things that annoy me about myself or (2) things I need to get the eff over because I am just jealous!

Choose your priorities. Work at them. Nothing is sweeter than something you have earned for yourself. Why in the world would you think you could actually be happy about something someone else didn't do well? Be happy for yourself. Be happy for others.

My friends, this is not just a relationship thing. Work, friends, life, etc. All applicable. People work hard, and people are lucky. Don't resent their luck. Who knows when it will be on your side. And really, who says you're on different sides? Someone else's success is a reason to celebrate! For everyone! Enjoy the celebrations!

And all that being said, ladies - don't be 'that girl'. We all love 'those girls,' but no one likes 'that girl'. Have some respect, it would be lovely if it were for others, but if only just have some for yourself. Don't kid yourself. We've all been there and trust me. Karma's a bitch.

x's & o's,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment