Monday, July 6, 2009

Blank Canvas...


Not going to lie. Sitting here tonight, trying too hard to think of what makes me happy is not what I was originally thinking with my 60 days of 'happyness'. 

What I was thinking, was that no matter how sad, or how tired, or how worn down I feel, there is always something that can make me smile. Take me out of my mind for a couple of minutes. And that, I would like to share.

Today, there were moments. An email here, a walk there, a hug here, and maybe even a couple laughs there. But honestly, in between those fleeting moments, I found myself scouring my memories to come up with my "happy place."

Yet, today I heard something that made complete sense. Maybe that happy place doesn't need to be a past memory. Maybe it doesn't even have to be a hope for the future. Maybe it can just be a blank slate. Or in my case, a blank canvas. Knowing that possibilities are endless. Clear your mind. Get things done. Corny, maybe? But just give me this one!

So yes, I have great memories. Memories that make me smile, memories that make me laugh, memories I will cherish forever. But, right now, at this moment, I'm kind of liking the idea that I am in control of my blank canvas.

x's & o's, 
Leslie


No comments:

Post a Comment