Saturday, July 25, 2009

Short & Sweet


Lacking some inspiration today. Maybe due to the weather? Lack of sleep? Perhaps due to worrying about worrying? But mostly due to the fact that even though the cycle has become longer, sometimes your heart still smarts.

So here's today's thought that makes me happy.

Running into the old time high school boys and realizing that while they may have grown a couple of inches, they have really not changed! At all. And it's a good thing. Whatever the label: the crush, the best friend, the ex-boyfriend, no matter how many years have gone by, there is always that lovely, old time bond. And that, is a favorite.

x's & o's,
Leslie

And for the post-script:

I miss you, and you, and you, and you. Oh, and you.

And now off to see if my old time high school girls have changed!

Currently Listening:

Fave Three Summer of '09 Songs to Date:

I used to be love drunk, but now I'm hungover, I'll love you forever, Forever is over...

I know your type, Boy you're dangerous, Yeah, you're that guy, I'd be stupid to trust...

You say that I'm the only one, You say that I'm your number 1, Now you're gone and I feel numb, Tell me where do we go wrong. You were my best friend and my boyfriend, Now it seems like you're my worst friend, I gotta do soul searching, Without you I'm a whole different person. I ain't acting like I used to, I don't feel loved like I used to, It was your love I was used to, Why did I have to lose?


No comments:

Post a Comment