Saturday, August 15, 2009

Taking Out the Trash!


Makes me happy?

This could be part rant, part lesson, part insights based on my "vast" knowledge of all things relationship (insert a lot of sarcasm here!).

Not sure why I was listening to them, as I am in a hate-all-breakup-songs phase these days, but while skimming my masterpiece of an iPod playlist a couple of days ago it sparked a couple of thoughts.

First Cut is the Deepest (Sheryl Crow - love the singer, not so much the song)

I would have given you all of my heart, but there's someone who's torn it apart, and he's taken almost all that I've got, but if you want, I'll try to love again, baby I'll try to love again...

- don't believe that.

Damaged (Danity Kane - don't even love the group, not sure why it's on the iPod!)

Damaged, damaged, damaged, damaged, I thought that I should let you know, That my heart is damaged, damaged, so damaged, so damaged, And you can blame the one before. So how you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it?

- even worse.

Maybe I've just learned from the worst case(s), but let's be honest. You don't bring the garbage from an old relationship and dump it on the new guy. Not smart! Where's the good in that? Learn from your garbage (ok, my metaphor may need a little work!), sort through your own junk. Recycle the good stuff and then throw out your own god damn trash and start fresh! Because the new guy certainly doesn't deserve that (and besides, he's probably got his own junk that you absolutely want no part of!)

That's all!

x's & o's,

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment